Sunday 28 February 2016

J. A. KAZIMER - A VERY F***ED-UP VALENTINE'S TALE (2016)


Synopsis/blurb….

From the author of CURSES! comes a very f***ed-up version of Little Red Riding Hood.

A racy red-hooded woman going over the river and through the dark and dangerous woods.

A less-than-sweet granny with a love of treats.

And a big (in many), bad (in even more ways) wolf with a plan.

What could go wrong?

Novella include a bonus Valentine's Day Tale - The Perfect Gift.

Another twisted novella from author J. A. Kazimer’s F***ed-up Fairytale’s series.

I have enjoyed an earlier one in the series around Christmas-time.

Slightly confusing at the start, but I probably wasn’t paying 100% attention at the time. I got switched on eventually.

Absurd and dark – an enjoyable diversion for an hour’s reading. The course of true love is rarely smooth, but triumphs in the end, as the big, bad wolf gets his.
The free bonus tale from her “Stolen Kidneys, Dead Hookers” collection was slightly more straightforward and enjoyed a bit more as a result. Time to dig into to the whole collection, I think.

J. A. Kazimer has her website here.

4 from 5

An Amazon freebie just in time for Valentine’s day.


8 comments:

  1. Mmm, that sounds romantic. NOT. I think I remember liking the sound of the Xmas one, maybe should start there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moira I didn't get to read it to my wife on Valentine's Day which was probably just as well!

      Delete
  2. Ha! Not a warm, cuddly tale then, is it, Col? Glad you enjoyed it, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Margot - far from it, but it worked for me!

      Delete
  3. You have piqued my interest, the only thing holding me back is too much else to read. But if you keep reviewing her writing, maybe I will try something one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I have a couple more from her on the shelves (ok - kindle then). I'm interested in reading something by her in her non-Fairytale series.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this, Col. Will keep it in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For when you're in the mood for something a bit bizarre!

      Delete